Friday, January 04, 2008

I had a dream

It is no secret that my kids love to eat. They eat obscene amounts of food and they eat all foods. They love herring, avocado, eggs, broccoli, and just about every other food that makes most kids squirm. For this I am blessed! The first questions my kids have when we do anything is what are we going to eat and whenever they go anywhere the first story we hear upon returning is what they ate. That being said, this obsession with food has now infiltrated the dreams of my 4 year old. He woke up this morning and was telling me he had a bad dream....

Sam: Mommy, I had a bad dream.
Me: Oh boy do you want to tell me about it?
Sam: Ok We were being chased by hot dogs.
Me: Oh my
Sam: They were trying to attack us and the only way to stop them was to eat them.
(insert Sam's tears)
Sam: Mommy I tried my best, but the chili dog got Tyler.
Me: (doing my best not to laugh) What is important is that you tried your best, right buddy!

Sometimes I really wish that I had the gift of dream interpretation!!!

2 comments:

swart said...

that is hilarious ... so funny.

Connor had a dream 2 weeks ago, that i told him to go to Abigail's beach - and he woke up so upset at me for forcing him to go to her beach ... so funny.

ConservaChick said...

Your posts always make me laugh. My 9 year old daughter won't eat regular kid food. Seriously, no pizza, or mac and cheese, or pb and j. The girl likes hummus, and pesto, and lemon wine chicken with capers. Seriously weird... but very cool at the same time. Herring wouldn't happen though. Your kids rock. ~K