Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Help I'm drowning in kids!!!!!

Due to an unexpected surgery of a friend, I have 5 extra kids staying with us this week. Yes that makes 9 kids under the age of 10!!! I have a 10 year old, two 8 year olds, a 7 year old, a 6 year old, two 4 year olds, a 2 year old, and a 6 month old! Things are going surprisingly well. I suppose the more kids you have the more organized you have to be. And organization is NOT my gift. I was able to get 4 kids ready for school and waiting for the bus with 20 minutes to spare!! Funny thing is that just last week my 2 kids missed school because we didn't make it in time for the bus! All of the kids have been very well behaved, that is a gift from God! Well I must go now due to my brood of hungry youngins'. I'm sure I will return next week with some stories about our adventures. I already have those posts brewing in my brain. Hopefully I will be able to remember!

7 comments:

swart said...

That's impressive! wow!

Lisa said...

WHOA! I see you are missing a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I have both. When should I drop off your missing ages?

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

you are MY American Idol!

ConservaChick said...

I've done that before. Can you say "mega grocery bill"? ~K

Kathy said...

You can tell super nanny a thing or 2.. ha ha (I do like her in case of any offense)!

I am anticipating the stories, I can just imagine....think a chapter in your book!

Michele Moore said...

I am a little worried that you were tied up and stuffed in a closet by all those kids since you have not posted.

Hope all is well. We miss your stories.

Gayle said...

Lawd-a-mercy! You're gonna deserve one BIG chocolate break when all is said and done.